Jordan Foster Construction Awarded the Casa Ronquillo Restoration in San Elizario, TX
May 21, 2021 | New Projects
El Paso County has awarded Jordan Foster Construction the Casa Ronquillo restoration project in San Elizario, TX. The Job Order Contracting division of Jordan Foster Construction will manage the project.
Once the home of José Ygnacio Ronquillo, a 19th-century Mexican army commander, this 300-year-old historic hacienda will be converted into a museum. In its prime, the 2,000 square-foot Casa Ronquillo was among the largest in town. Built in the shape of a horseshoe, the estate boasted three wings, 12 rooms, multiple entries, and a large courtyard.
Improvements to Casa Ronquillo will include the replacement of doors and windows, electrical work, the installation of water and sewer, wall and flooring repairs, and the construction of the parking lot. Additionally, the project will include improvements to an adjacent piece of land.
Due to the historic nature of this project, Jordan Foster Construction will work closely with the Texas Historic Commission. The goal is for this unique adobe house to remain a prominent symbol of the life and lore of the old Southwest.
For more information and to view photos of Casa Ronquillo visit the Library of Congress website: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/tx0136/
- Jordan Foster Construction Named in Top 10 of America’s Safest Companies by EHS Today
- The Five Best Ways to Protect Against Heat Stress
- Like Father, Like Daughter
- AGC of America Recognizes Jordan Foster as One of the Nation’s Safest Construction Companies in 2022
- Going Against the Grain Paves the way for Women in Construction