BENEFITS FOR SALARIED EMPLOYEES
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plan options
- Life and Disability Insurance options
- Paid vacation, sick leave and company holidays
- 401k match
Assistant Superintendent – Dallas, TX | Full-Time
Jordan Foster Construction is seeking an Assistant Superintendent to aid in the overview of a project. This position will be responsible for assisting in promoting safety awareness, schedule, coordinate, and supervise craft employee activities. May involve supervising one or more trade groups (concrete finishers, carpenters, laborers, etc.) working in particular construction discipline. The successful candidate will assist project management staff in providing overall on-site administrative and technical management on construction project site. Assist in the supervision of total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Assist in determining man power levels, material quantities, and equipment maintenance. Ensure that time cards are completed to accurately reflect hours worked. Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures and working documents. Advise senior level supervision/project management of potential problems, interferences, and schedule difficulties.
Perform additional assignments per direction from Project Manager and Vice President.
- Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and /or related experience.
- Minimum 5 years construction experience preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Working knowledge of various construction disciplines, cost construction, scheduling, safety regulations, engineering drawings and other documents required.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate craft personnel essential.
- Must have computer knowledge.
- Supervision experience of high-end finishes, mid-rise and high-rise hospitality, and residential projects.
Project Engineer – El Paso, TX | Full-Time
Jordan Foster Construction is seeking a teammate that is currently working as a Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the project manager and project team with project documentation and control, job cost accounting, scheduling, and construction supervision efforts. In order to be successful, this candidate should feel comfortable taking on many tasks that require various skills, and appropriately prioritizing those tasks.
- A passion for building
- 3 to 5 years of experience building commercial construction projects
- 4 year college degree
- Primavera, P6 or other scheduling software
- Creation and distribution of RFI’s
- Efficient with submittal review and processing
- A strong understanding of Building Information Modeling and associated software
Survey Party Chief – Austin, TX | Full-Time
The Project Survey Party Chief is the project’s principle surveyor, responsible for maintaining high quality performance of construction surveying on the project. He or she reports to the Area Survey Manager. Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work with Area Survey Manager and other Construction surveyors to develop skills, such as:
- Interpreting contract drawings
- Performing calculations
- Learning how to use the company’s surveying software
- Building Digital Terrain Models
- Discovering conflicts in the geometry of the contract drawings early enough to avoid delay to the project.
- Proper use of the surveying equipment
- Surveying methods
- Speed and accuracy
- Correcting mistakes
- Measuring and calculating production quantities
- Provide direct, constructive feedback to Area Survey Manager on Project specific needs for improvement.
- Report on the Project progress to Area Survey Manager, Construction Manager, Project Manager, Project Superintendent and Project Engineer.
- Assist in recruiting new construction surveying personnel.
- Study the contract documents in order to:
- Identify surveying task load
- Recommend personnel and equipment needs
- Early identification of drawing errors and special considerations
- Assist Area Survey Manager in discovering and resolving conflicts in the contract drawings and specifications and at the interface between our work and the work of subcontractors.
- Ensure that sound surveying methods and techniques are practiced on each of our projects.
- Ensure that shop drawings and submittals are studied in order to coordinate their information with geometry of the contract drawing.
Must have previous experience in the surveying of construction jobs. Proficient with standard Microsoft Office application and working knowledge of surveying software. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Safety Coordinator – El Paso, TX | Full-Time
Jordan Foster Construction is one of the leading companies in our industry in Texas. We are hiring a talented Safety Coordinator professional to join our team in El Paso, Texas. If you’re excited to be part of a winning team, Jordan Foster Construction, is a great place to grow your career.
Responsibilities for Safety Coordinator
- Create and implement safety plans while ensuring that they are being followed daily
- Conduct safety near misses and observation reports on a regular basis.
- Attend safety walks and inspections before or during each project to analyze safety risks
- Educate employees on safety standards and expectations as well as safe machinery operation
- Provide recommendations for improving safety in the workplace
- Investigate accidents that occur onsite and identify possible causes of the accident
- Maintain documentation of the company’s safety procedures, accidents and related events
- Act as a liaison between management and external safety agencies, such as fire and insurance personnel
Qualifications for Safety Coordinator
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in health and safety or a related field may be preferred
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel and auditor safety software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentation
- Understanding of federal, state and city safety requirements, including OSHA
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time while meeting deadlines
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships with employees and project managers
- Leadership skills, such as the ability to motivate a team and provide feedback
- Salary is negotiable for candidate that meets the minimum acceptable qualifications.
- Salary is adjustable based upon applicant’s additional qualifications and experience level.