BENEFITS FOR SALARIED EMPLOYEES
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plan options
- Life and Disability Insurance options
- Paid vacation, sick leave and company holidays
- 401k match
Assistant Superintendent – Dallas, TX | Full-Time
Jordan Foster Construction is seeking an Assistant Superintendent to aid in the overview of a project in Dallas, TX. This position will be responsible for assisting in promoting safety awareness, schedule, coordinate and supervise craft employee activities. May involve supervising one or more trade groups (concrete finishers, carpenters, laborers, etc.) working in particular construction discipline. The successful candidate will assist project management staff in providing overall on-site administrative and technical management on construction project site. Assist in the supervision of total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Assist in determining man power levels, material quantities and equipment as well as being maintained. Ensure that time cards are completed to accurately reflect hours worked. Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures and working documents. Advise senior level supervision/project management of potential problems, interferences and schedule difficulties.
Perform additional assignments per direction from Project Manager and Vice President.
- Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and /or related experience. Minimum 5 years construction experience preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Working knowledge of various construction disciplines, cost construction, scheduling, safety regulations, engineering drawings and other documents required.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate craft personal essential.
- Must have computer knowledge.
- Experienced in the supervision in high-end finishes, mid-rise and high-rise hospitality and residential.
Survey Party Chief – El Paso, TX | Full-Time
The Project Survey Party Chief is the project’s principle surveyor, responsible for maintaining high quality performance of construction surveying on the project. He or she reports to the Area Survey Manager. Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work with Area Survey Manager and other Construction surveyors to develop skills, such as:
- Interpreting contract drawings
- Performing calculations
- Learning how to use the company’s surveying software
- Building Digital Terrain Models
- Discovering conflicts in the geometry of the contract drawings early enough to avoid delay to the project.
- Proper use of the surveying equipment
- Surveying methods
- Speed and accuracy
- Correcting mistakes
- Measuring and calculating production quantities
- Provide direct, constructive feedback to Area Survey Manager on Project specific needs for improvement.
- Report on the Project progress to Area Survey Manager, Construction Manager, Project Manager, Project Superintendent and Project Engineer.
- Assist in recruiting new construction surveying personnel.
- Study the contract documents in order to:
- Identify surveying task load
- Recommend personnel and equipment needs
- Early identification of drawing errors and special considerations
- Assist Area Survey Manager in discovering and resolving conflicts in the contract drawings and specifications and at the interface between our work and the work of subcontractors.
- Ensure that sound surveying methods and techniques are practiced on each of our projects.
- Ensure that shop drawings and submittals are studied in order to coordinate their information with geometry of the contract drawing.
Must have previous experience in the surveying of construction jobs. Proficient with standard Microsoft Office application and working knowledge of surveying software. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Superintendent – El Paso, TX | Full-Time
Jordan Foster Construction is currently seeking a Superintendent for our El Paso location to Schedule, coordinate and supervise craft employee activities. May involve supervising one or more trade groups (concrete finishers, carpenters, laborers, etc.) working in particular construction discipline. Provide overall on-site administrative and technical management on construction project site.
- Must be willing to travel if required.
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Determine man power levels, material quantities, equipment and those requirements are maintained.
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
- Ensure that time cards are completed to accurately reflect hours worked
- Provide technical assistance. Interpret drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment as required.
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Ensure all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules and company policies. Document all violations, notify project management, and recommend/implement corrective actions as required up to suspensions and terminations.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control and job site Safety.
- Maintain a daily job site log.
- Advise senior level supervision/project management of potential problems, interferences and schedule difficulties. Assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as requires.
- Generate two-week log ahead of schedule.
- Scheduling, Inspections, Quality Control and jobsite safety.
- Maintain a daily jobsite safety log.
- Perform additional assignments per Project Manager and Vice President’s direction.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to feel, handle; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those on employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. Employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high and precarious places; extreme cold; and extreme heat. Employee occasionally will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibrations. Noise level is usually loud.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and /or related experience.
- Minimum 5 years construction experience preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Working knowledge of various construction disciplines, cost construction, scheduling, safety regulations, engineering drawings and other documents required. Computer knowledge.
- May be required to use personal computer for emails, scheduling and time tracking.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate craft personal essential.
- OSHA 30 hr Course
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Package (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with numerous contractors and sub-contractors in an efficient manner.
- Must pass background check.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic - El Paso, TX | Full-Time
Jordan Foster Construction is now seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic for our shop and field work. Responsible to perform maintenance and repair of construction equipment and vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs.
- Good understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Diagnosis & repair various pieces of heavy equipment.
- Identify & complete preventive maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand schematics.
- Capable of welding or willing to learn.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must follow direction to accomplish tasks independently without direct supervision.
- Strong work ethic with a focus on quality and safety.
- Positive attitude and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Utilizes small assortment of hand tools to complete tasks.
- Aware of safety precautions and understands safety and occupational hazards of work.
- Keeps assigned mechanic truck clean and well maintained.
- Some heavy lifting required.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License (CDL Preferred)
- 3+ years of shop/field experience working on heavy equipment.
Project Engineer – El Paso, TX | Full-Time
Jordan Foster Construction is seeking a teammate that is currently working as a Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the project manager and project team with project documentation and control, job cost accounting, scheduling, and construction supervision efforts. In order to be successful, this candidate should feel comfortable taking on many tasks that require various skills, and appropriately prioritizing those tasks.
- A passion for building
- 3 to 5 years of experience building commercial construction projects
- 4 year college degree
- Primavera, P6 or other scheduling software
- Creation and distribution of RFI’s
- Efficient with submittal review and processing
- A strong understanding of Building Information Modeling and associated software
Senior Estimator – Concrete – El Paso, TX | Full-Time
Jordan Foster Construction is seeking a Senior Estimator for the Concrete Division to aid in the overview of projects in El Paso, TX. This position will be responsible for the overall project estimate while providing leadership, training, and mentoring for their team under the Division President. Works with clients, architects/engineers, subcontractors/ suppliers to plan cost factors for building projects; analyzes construction documents, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for projects by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares estimates with the proper level of detail for all design stages:
- Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents.
- Assists with maintaining the estimating cost data base to ensure costs are up to date.
- As lead estimator, manages the estimating team in the assembly and submission of bids.
- Supervises and trains estimators and assists them in the preparation of estimates and bids.
- Consults with clients, architects, subcontractors, and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost reductions, and resolve issues.
- Studies specifications to assist the operations team in planning procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Researches construction documents and analyzes specifications to determine estimated costs.
- Works with the operations team throughout the preconstruction process in reviewing plans and specifications for constructability issues and determining general requirements on the project.
- Creates, maintains, and manages the preconstruction / design schedule for projects.
- Has the ability to manage and track multiple preconstruction projects at once.
- Manage the subcontractor prequalification process and assure that awarded subcontractors have the proper experience and financial capabilities to perform on the project.
- Reviews design documents for proper information to receive accurate pricing from subcontractors and suppliers, generates acceptable value engineering ideas, and prepares life-cycle costing.
- Prepares quantity take-offs and estimates costs of materials, labor, and use of equipment required to fulfill all provisions of the contract.
- Works with the Virtual Design (BIM) to utilize Revit or other programs in generating quantities as may be available from design models.
- Assists the self-perform estimating team in determining the proper trades to pursue with Jordan Foster’s own forces and assures that the estimates are created with input from the operations team as to production rates, manpower availability and general requirements.
- Assures that self-performed estimates comply with the requirements of the overall construction contract with the Owner.
- Understands how to create proper bid packages and works with the design team on the information required in each package to assure complete bids and giving the field team the right information needed to start construction or maintain the project schedule.
- Assures that the project team acts with integrity and employs ethical behavior during all stages of the estimating process.
- Manages the subcontractor solicitation process and assures that the proper team members are part of the approval process for all bid lists.
- Hand off meeting with project team.
- Supervises and/or writes the specific and general instructions to bidders and required bid forms.
- Reviews subcontractor and supplier bids for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids.
- Presents and explains project budgets to clients, designers, and operations teams.
- Administers buy-out process and hand off to the Operations Team.
- Works with the Operations Manager in the creation of all final estimates to be given to the operations and accounting team for creation of the project budgets.
Familiarity / Proficiency with the following software or internet based programs:
- MS Excel
- MS Word o MS Project (Scheduling)
- Plan Swift
- Estimators assigned to their project team.
- B.S. degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years concrete construction experience with a minimum of four (4) years of estimating experience.
- Capability to complete large CM/GC, CMaR, and Design Build projects and large, complex competitive bid projects
- Independent sales strengths for presentations and projects pursuits
- History of successfully working internally with the operational team and externally with Owners, Architects/Engineers, and subcontractors.