BENEFITS FOR SALARIED EMPLOYEES
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plan options
- Life and Disability Insurance options
- Paid vacation, sick leave and company holidays
- 401k match
Staff Accountant – El Paso, TX | Full-Time
The Staff Accountant reports to the Controller and will support the accounting functions of the company to include financial reporting, project accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis
- Prepare journal entries
- Record fixed assets and maintain associated schedules
- Post cash receipts
- Review and post equipment rental costs weekly
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting schedules
- Assist with preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Participate in preparation for all audits
- Assist with establishing and maintaining processes and procedures
- Assist project teams with matters related to accounting
- Assist with job cost reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive accounting experience
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of job costing preferred
- Team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills both written and oral
- Detail oriented with great organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Proficiency with computer applications
Project Manager - Civil Construction – El Paso, TX | Full-Time
Provide overall management direction for infrastructure construction projects. Responsible for all phases of the construction project including: managing employees, subcontractors, owner relations, quality control, safety, schedule, and project budget.
Perform additional assignments per direction from Vice President, Operations Manager, or Area Manager as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy. Plan, organize and oversee staff positions.
- Monitor and control construction through administrative direction of the project team to ensure project is built on schedule, within budget and acceptable quality; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in negotiations and strategy meetings.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to include cost forecasting.
- Ensure all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules and company policies.
- Prepare Owner Billings, change orders and purchase orders and review subcontractor draw requests.
- Advise senior management of potential problems, interferences and schedule difficulties. Assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
- Manages and directs the following: Assistant Project Manager, Project Assistants, Superintendents and construction labor assigned to project.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with Owners, Engineers and Subcontractors
- Review contract conditions; ensure compliance with all contract terms
- Manage, train, and supervise project team according to Company policy
- Perform additional assignments at the direction of Senior Management.
- 5 – 10 Years’ experience in project management of Civil Construction Projects
Skills and Specifications:
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Competent computer skills to produce accurate and well-presented reports.
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets.
- Time Management, Organizational and communication skills
- Should be committed to corporate values of diversity and teamwork.
- Ability to operate under pressure.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- CPM Scheduling Software proficient – Primavera P6
- Able to make presentation and conduct training meetings
- Ability to delegate and follow-up
- Fundamental knowledge of contract law and project accounting
- Through understanding of all project management control systems (scheduling, cost control procurement and estimating)
Education and Qualifications:
- Engineering, Construction Science, or Architectural degree or equivalent experience
- Construction management experience (5-8 years, including supervisory skills)
Work hours are typically Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm, must be able to work additional hours if needed to include weekends.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend and walk for long periods of time. Able to lift, push, pull up to 20lbs. Able to climb stairs.
Marketing Coordinator – San Antonio, TX | Full-Time
TITLE: Marketing Coordinator
LOCATION: San Antonio, Texas (Fair Oaks Ranch)
- Texas-based General Contractor with over 50 years of experience.
- Offices in Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Houston, and San Antonio.
- Over 700 employees
Jordan Foster Construction is seeking a hard-working professional, with excellent communication skills, and a precise attention to detail to support our business development efforts. This individual will be responsible for the production of all proposal material, which includes proposal development, editing, and proofing. The Marketing Coordinator will also be accountable for preparing marketing material, creating and updating marketing collateral, and managing the marketing database. This position will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Layout and production of all responses to Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), including assembly
- Support marketing communication initiatives
- Maintain marketing database and files, to include daily updates
- Assist in the coordination of project photography
- Support business development managers and division/department heads in marketing activities
- Actively involved in the development of, and responsible for, maintaining all marketing resource materials (brochures, data, photography, marketing database, etc.)
- Coordinates work with outside vendors (electronic transfer of data, reprographics, etc.) and consultants
- Ensure qualifications and marketing materials are up to date
- Create a range of company marketing materials (proposals, blog posts, website content, social media content, etc.)
- Develop client testimonial content for marketing purposes
- Marketing and proposal generation including assembly
- Track, coordinate, design, and produce project award nominations
- Other duties, as assigned
- BS or BA in English or Communications
- Outstanding communication skills, including technical writing, editing, proofreading, and interpersonal skills
- Motivated self-starter who works well independently and in teams
- Assertive attitude with the ability to manage up and work with different personality types
- Calm under pressure, flexible attitude, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Precise attention to detail and the ability to strictly adhere to proposal requirements
- Advanced skills with Adobe Suite (InDesign a must, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Outlook a must)
- Good organizational, communication, and leadership abilities
- Ability to generate complicated graphics products under strict deadlines
- Ability to tailor written content based on the project type, message, and target audience
- Detail oriented
- Time management
- Problem solver
- Independent, but can also seamlessly work as part of a team without conflict or reservation
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written and grammatical skills
*** JFC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer AA/M/F/V/D***
Assistant Superintendent – Dallas, TX | Full-Time
Jordan Foster Construction is seeking an Assistant Superintendent to aid in the overview of a project. This position will be responsible for assisting in promoting safety awareness, schedule, coordinate, and supervise craft employee activities. May involve supervising one or more trade groups (concrete finishers, carpenters, laborers, etc.) working in particular construction discipline. The successful candidate will assist project management staff in providing overall on-site administrative and technical management on construction project site. Assist in the supervision of total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Assist in determining man power levels, material quantities, and equipment maintenance. Ensure that time cards are completed to accurately reflect hours worked. Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures and working documents. Advise senior level supervision/project management of potential problems, interferences, and schedule difficulties.
Perform additional assignments per direction from Project Manager and Vice President.
- Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and /or related experience.
- Minimum 5 years construction experience preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Working knowledge of various construction disciplines, cost construction, scheduling, safety regulations, engineering drawings and other documents required.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate craft personnel essential.
- Must have computer knowledge.
- Supervision experience of high-end finishes, mid-rise and high-rise hospitality, and residential projects.
Survey Party Chief – Austin, TX | Full-Time
The Project Survey Party Chief is the project’s principle surveyor, responsible for maintaining high quality performance of construction surveying on the project. He or she reports to the Area Survey Manager. Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work with Area Survey Manager and other Construction surveyors to develop skills, such as:
- Interpreting contract drawings
- Performing calculations
- Learning how to use the company’s surveying software
- Building Digital Terrain Models
- Discovering conflicts in the geometry of the contract drawings early enough to avoid delay to the project.
- Proper use of the surveying equipment
- Surveying methods
- Speed and accuracy
- Correcting mistakes
- Measuring and calculating production quantities
- Provide direct, constructive feedback to Area Survey Manager on Project specific needs for improvement.
- Report on the Project progress to Area Survey Manager, Construction Manager, Project Manager, Project Superintendent and Project Engineer.
- Assist in recruiting new construction surveying personnel.
- Study the contract documents in order to:
- Identify surveying task load
- Recommend personnel and equipment needs
- Early identification of drawing errors and special considerations
- Assist Area Survey Manager in discovering and resolving conflicts in the contract drawings and specifications and at the interface between our work and the work of subcontractors.
- Ensure that sound surveying methods and techniques are practiced on each of our projects.
- Ensure that shop drawings and submittals are studied in order to coordinate their information with geometry of the contract drawing.
Must have previous experience in the surveying of construction jobs. Proficient with standard Microsoft Office application and working knowledge of surveying software. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Able to multi-task and meet deadlines.