San Antonio, TX | Full-Time | Building Group
We are looking for an experienced Commercial and Multifamily Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
This position is responsible for overall management direction for construction projects. Responsible for all phases of the construction project including but not limited to managing employees, subcontractors, owner relations, quality control, safety, schedule and executing to the project budget.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all activities for the projects assigned to ensure objectives are accomplished safely within prescribed funding and scheduling parameters.
- Monitor and control project(s) budget and schedule.
- Prepare and report project(s) costs, progress, and forecasts.
- Establish and execute project work plans.
- Maintain open communication channels with client, regulator or other stake holders.
- Prepare and submit pay applications, Requests for Information, Purchase Orders, Submittals, Change Orders, Claims, Request for Proposals, Request for Qualifications, and any other required project related communication.
- Coordinate with Operations Manager and General Superintendent the allocation of shared resources such as personnel and equipment.
- Serve as company representative at required project meetings or hearings, and prepare documentation as necessary.
- Perform in depth review of all essential elements of projects assigned to identify challenges to mitigate or opportunities to realize.
- Supervise work performed to ensure it meets company standards and quality plan.
- Review drawings and specifications for constructability, completeness, and accuracy.
- Promptly respond to project ad-hoc needs.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure all on-site compliance with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules and company policies.
- Apply expert level knowledge in heavy civil construction, materials, equipment, and risk management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Direct overall project activities
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Supervision of Project Engineers, Superintendents and Foremen, as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of industry practices, processes, and standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with software/internet based programs:
- Primavera P6
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combination of technical training and/or extensive experience in construction, design, finance and management required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of related construction experience and in managing construction projects required; with a minimum four (4) years of TXDoT experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Frequent walking on uneven surfaces, including ground in varying weather conditions.
- Regularly sit, stand, or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
- May stoop, kneel, or bend on an occasional basis.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on frequent basis.
- Occasionally climb stairs or ladders, etc.
- Regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Exposure to outdoor environment with machinery/equipment in the surrounding area.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment is required, including but not limited to steel toe shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hard hat, vest, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Jordan Foster Construction is proud to be Drug-Free & Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are a qualified, passionate candidate and interested in an open position, please apply via LinkedIn. you may also download the application below and submit to email@example.com.